I’m off on a road trip to Ghana!
If you’re reading this, I’m most likely a few hours into a twelve-hour road trip to Ghana right now with fellow blogger Alex. Probably already tired of sitting still and eager to arrive at my destination in Accra.
It’s a love – hate relationship that I have with road trips because, on one hand, I love the getting on the road, the sightseeing, and the feeling of “a new experience” but on the other hand – most road trips usually take too long and I get bored, tired of sitting and impatient to get to my location.
Anyone else feels this way about road trips?
I’m currently on a ten-day leave from work, so I decided that I had to use it to achieve something meaningful or tick something else off my bucket list and my idea of that was a getaway!
My First thought was initially to go to Togo seeing as my budget couldn’t afford the exotic African countries (Zanzibar and Co) but along the way, visiting Ghana popped up and I decided to go with that and travel to Ghana by road instead.
I’m super excited to be doing this road trip to Ghana because I thought it wasn’t going to happen but by the grace of God, something gave. Also, travel is always a good idea and I’m looking forward to the new experience, places and hopefully new people I’ll be meeting soon.
Related : Road tripping to Cotonou!
In My Travel Bag.
Although I had written down a short list of what I’ll be wearing during my stay/visit to Ghana, I still had some last minute indecisiveness as to what to pack for my road trip to Ghana.
I can also be a bit of a scatter head and a major procrastinator so as expected, I left packing to the very last minute (literally the night before the trip) and figured coming up with a quick checklist might come in handy for me. Thought to share that, a few of my travel essentials and give you guys a glimpse into what’s in my travel bag as well!
Quick Checklist + Essentials.
- Border Essentials: Passport + Yellow card.
- Beauty Needs : Toiletries, my skincare products, eyeliner (the one makeup item I can’t do without!) and a few lipsticks and accessories (My daniel wellignton wrist goes everywhere with me these days and of course sunshades for that extra cool factor.
- Clothing : I packed a whole lot of black and denim, Probably not the best idea out there as I’m sure it would be hot in Ghana but peep a bit of what my style formula for this getaway is like up there.
- Footwear : Lucy Daves Sandals because heels what?! When my sister makes all these dope slippers.
- Blog planner, Camera and laptop to keep those posts coming!
How do you ensure that you don’t forget anything when you’re travelling? Do you keep a checklist like me or you just trust in your ability to remember everything?
What are some carry-on items that you can’t travel without?
I don’t have all the itinerary figured out yet so if you’re in Ghana and won’t mind showing a pair of rookies around, holla in the comments!
Ever been to Ghana(Accra)? Please share your must see places in the comment also so I can check it out.
Follow me on Instagram for updates and let’s connect!