Not another recap post right? The last one for the year, I promise! I planned to put this up last year but time and chance happeneth to this girl. I know I’ve blogged about how to combine your 9 – 5 and blogging and make it work but right now, I work a 7am – 12am, 7 days a week and shit is just so real!
Notwithstanding though, doing a recap of my year in style is yet another tradition ( just like my year in words ) of the blog that I have to uphold. There’s just a little twist to it this time around, because I’ll be including my 2016 blog recap in this post as well as doing a round up of my looks on the blog from last year.
I did an end of the year blog review in 2015 and found it super helpful in taking stock of my blog year and setting new goals, so I figured hey! Why not try it out this year too? But instead of having two sepearate posts for both recaps , I decided to merge them instead. I’m hoping this makes it a lot easier for you to follow and also takes down having to throw in yet another review post in your face lol.
As always, there will be direct links to each look below the picture. All you have to do is click the number that corresponds to the picture and voila!
So here’s my year in style, some of the progress I made with the blog this year, and a few goals for 2017.
Now let’s talk content. There was less of style posts like last year and more lifestyle type posts. I didn’t introduce as much new categories like I did last year and wasn’t quite as consistent with some of the old ones like Reader’s spotlight, candid talk and celebrating creativity. I honestly can’t promise to do better this year but I will try with the reader’s spotlight at least because I really enjoyed reading/featuring the people that read my blog. I introduced the blog love series where I share a few blogs that I currently love. Although, I realized the importance of blogger friendships, I didn’t get to do a lot of blogger style collaboration this year – just this summer style inspired look with Anjola.
At some point this year, I thought about quitting this blog. If you’re signed up to my mailing list HERE, you would already all about this. I got frustrated a bit with putting in so much work all the time and coupled with the fact that I was almost always mentally/physically tired, it was taking a toll on me. I also let the comparision bug get to me and I started feeling envy because some of yall decided to decamp (why you gotta do me like this? Lol!) but I’m happy that I didn’t quit. I’ve been blogging for way too long now and on most days, I can’t imagine not blogging.
Some of my blog/brand goals this year would be
- To move from blogger to wordpress or squarespace – set up my shop and switch up my blog theme to something functional : I’m getting increasingly tired of blogger and its many restrictions and I just need to move.
- Finally host my own workshop and launch that tote line already!
- Write an ebook or two, introduce e-courses, challenges and add content upgrades to my posts.
- Take my blog review and consultation services more seriously.
- Reach out to and initiate more brand patnerships
- Take the Cassie Daves Blog Planner to an even higher scale – have you got your 2017 blog planner yet? Details here!
- Create a consistent schedule for my newsletters
- Get an intern/more hands to help out with the blog. With my rigorous job, I really cannot do it all alone anymore so if you’ll like to be a part of the Cassie Daves Team. More Info here!
- Try Vlogging, maybe!
This year, I really want to document more of my thoughts, the little moments and share more of my everyday style – not just the looks I think are bloggable and by God’s grace, there will bemore blogging related travel trips, international features and more awesome brand partnerships.
Figured I can as well use this opportunity to share some of my favourite blog posts from this year and some of yours too as evident from my stats/comments.
- Lady Like In Maxine Arthurs.
- Styling The Pinafore Dress.
- Styling The Off Shoulder Top – Colour Pop.
- Casual Vibes In Ouidah.
- The White Shirt x Blue Denim Style Formula.
- How To Take Good Blog Pictures With Your Phone.
- Four Tips To Curate The Perfect Instagram Feed.
- Oh, You’re A Blogger? An Open Letter To Everyone Asking What I Do.
- Ten Tips To Perfect Your Flatlay Game.
- 15 Things Every Blogger Can Relate With.
- 6 Sites To Help You Blog And Brand Better.
- Five DIY Ways To Jazz Up Your Old Denim Pant.
- My Personal Style Journey x How To Figure Out Your Style.
- The Athleisure Trend And How To Rock It.
- Inspiration || 4 Hacks To Instantly Look More Stylish.
- Some Style Inspiration From South African Blogger – Andile Biyana.
- The Crochet Fro – My First Crochet Hairstyle.
- Skin Care : My Dudu Osun Experience x Going Natural.
- The One Makeup Item I Can’t Do Without.
- Skin Care || The Albimazing Beauty Box.
Travel | Lagos Living.
- Lagos Living | Art Cafe Lagos
- Lagos Living || Road Chef.
- Wander lust Diaries – My Travel Details & Tips to Benin Republic (Cotonou)
- Reviewing The Lihao Chinese Cuisine.
Life | Inspiration.
- 25 Things Before 25 – A Bucket List.
- 3 Life Lessons From Creating The Cassie Daves Blog Planner.
- All My Feels On Turning Twenty Three.
- On Being An Introvert And Going Beyond My Comfort Zone.
- 4 Tips For Getting Out Of Creative Funk
Before i sign out, I just want to say a very big thank you to you all for showing me love this past year. Thank you for sharing and commenting. That is honestly part of what keeps me going – I wouldn’t be here if not for you all so pleaseeee keep reading and especially please keep leaving those comments, leave the ghost reading in 2016 oh!
Also, kindly feel free to share this post. In between ward rounds, clinic, correcting my patients hyperglycaemia and walking to work, I finally managed to finish it. Took me a lot of time and effort and I will really appreciate if you can use any of the share buttons below to share this post. Or just simply click to tweet!