Maybe I may have made a slight oops there because I'm not exactly wearing a dress but a skirt and a camisole, that can easily pass for a little black (skater) dress regardless.
You're probably wondering about my post title : its a bit obvious right?
My friend, Tracy (You might remember her from various posts) and I will be sharing how to take your little black/white dress from day to night but not all in this post.
For this post, we'll be focusing majorly on using your dress as a base and transitioning to a day look that can be worn on a weekend to one of the many artsy/fashion events that Lagos offers, or anywhere else you deem fit.
Meanwhile, notice how wearing the dress alone with heels already works as a night look? A LBD/LWD is definitely a wardrobe essential.
So how to take your little black/white dress to a day look?Its really all about the extras!
- Throw on an outer garment : I'm wearing a kimono over mine ( same kimono worn in this post) while Tracy opted for a denim Jacket instead. Both options works well and sends off a relaxed and comfy vibe.
- Pick out suitable shoes : Of course heels won't be appropriate but if that's what you wear on a regular, then by all means werk it. I'm wearing heeled brogues anyways but when I eventually do wear this out, I'll probably wear it with black flats. I decided to 'sock it up' to spice things up a bit. Tracy is wearing white all stars.
- Accessorize appropriately! : Big chunky neckpieces work better for a glammed up look but since we're talking day and casual, we both opted for simple neckpieces. I'm wearing a simple gold chain while Tracy is wearing a black choker.
How do you spice up your plain black/white dress to a casual day look?
Any other quick tips on what to do?
I'll love to hear your thoughts!
P.S - (I shared some other black dress styling tips in this post and this one too)
In my next style post, I'll be sharing the par two of this : switching up to an evening/night look, so subscribe below to get notifications.
What are you up to this weekend?
Related :Because its as they say : Friends that slay together, stay together. Check out some other double dose of style posts where my friend Tracy made an appearance.
- Casual look in boyfriend pants for your weekend inspiration
- A little chic, A little Afrocentric.
- Retro Vibes
- Something Blue
- Denim Cutoffs
- Here's a throwback one from my model diary archives.