Oh no no, not me!
Some of you might remember me going on in this post about how I missed the live your dream Africa event.
Well, my sister went (Oh that's my big sister up there) and I got her to share her experience and some of the lessons she went away with.
Let's dig in!
The event was convened by Bankole Williams and there were lots of amazing speaker's from various works of life : Uche Nnaji, TY Bello, M.I, Basket Mouth, Adenike Ogunlesi, Bankole Williams, Ehime Eigbe, OC Ukeje and Fela Durotoye who inspired us with stories, struggles, pains and determination.
Every speaker did a wonderful job, but sincerely basket mouth's story sent shivers down my spine. It takes a lot to smile in the face of bad days and I'm not talking about #badhairday kind of bad day, his where major!
Fela Durotoye ended the event with a sensational prayer for everyone present and Nigeria as a whole.
Now the paramount question is, do you have a dream? YES? Then good, never let go of it, not a day should pass by without you advancing the cause of your dreams. So many of us must have gotten to a point in our lives where our dreams actually choke us.....what does that tell you? It’s time to start living it.
Moving on, I would love to share the few pointers i learnt from the LYDA event:
- You do not need everything to be in place before you start something.
- Be persistent, fight for your dreams.
- Put all you have into achieving your dreams.
- FOCUS: Because every time you focus, you create blindness to the irrelevant. (Dives)
- Every gift (talent) is a blessing when its of value to someone else.
- It takes GUTS.
- If mere challenges can stop you, then you are certainly not ready to live your dreams.
- Don’t be frustrated by your frustrations, be inspired by them.
- Procrastination as we all know, kills.
- If you cannot die for your dreams, your dreams cannot live for you.
I'll love to end with this amazing scripture - Habakkuk 2:2-3....this is particularly for those who think it’s never going to come through, it will......just keep fighting!